Friday, May 13, 2016

Catching Up, Hamilton, Stuff





So the thing about being a mom to a kid on the autism spectrum (or, who are we kidding: a mom/parent, generally) is that sometimes you do not have time to do the fun things like blog about the Constitution...



I know: Emily, you have to make time for yourself, particularly when that time involves the Constitution.  And you're right.  I have been letting the Constitution down.  And for that, I am sorry.

In the interim, my good friend Alexander Hamilton has had quite the resurgence, huh?  Apart from adoring the music and being giddy with excitement over the subject matter, awesomely inclusive casting choices, and the fact that so many more people are talking about the revolutionary and constitutional congress era... Madison was gipped.

Yeah, I said it.  I love Hamilton.  I love the dude Hamilton.  But making Madison such a small part of Hamilton's story and of our Constitution is really, really wrong.  He was the Father of the Constitution for a reason, folks.  And no, it wasn't just because he was taking notes (although, give it up for the tactical reasoning and foresight of Madison to understand how very important those notes would be to us all, to this day).

I'll do a more scholarly pull-apart of the Hamilton/Madison thing soon, but in the meantime, do yourself a favor and go get this album.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear any constructive comments, but will remove anything profane or reductive.